Tag: bothwell

1950 Bridge Exploratory Work

  With the closure of the Blantyre Suspension Bridge on 4th May 1949, thoughts had firmly turned to a replacement crossing by 1950. In Springtime 1950, the new site had been chosen, which was to be further downstream beyond the weir, much closer to Shuttle Row. By April 1950, workmen had marked out the site with Black […]