Welcome! Support Blantyre charitable causes by buying our amazing books!
Our Other Blantyre Books – Currently in Development
Further Books are currently in Development with TEN open book drafts well progressed and worked on daily! I’m confident of publishing 2 or 3 books per year. Guaranteed to publish in 2019, 2020 and 2021:
1. “Blantyre Explained” – the definitive book about Blantyre containing a MILLION words and everything Blantyre Project has ever written in A-Z format. A book 6 times the size of the next nearest largest Blantyre book in terms of words. An epic, 840 page reference book which will be my lasting legacy to Blantyre and most likely be continually revised, updated and split into a full volume of encycloepdias thoughout my life.
2. “Blantyre Glasgow Road North – The Real Story” – over 600 pages with as many illustrations telling the definitive story of all of the buildings, history, people tales, ownership, shops and homes on the North side of Glasgow Road from Springwell to Priory Bridge. A sequel to the book of the south side of the road, published in 2018.
3. “Blantyre: Through the Flames” – a small publication charting the story of Blantyre’s shockingly devastating Fires through every century, which left so many people homeless, injured or cost them lives.
4. “Blantyre Main Street” – a massive illustrated book telling the history of construction, ownership of every building on Main Street from Shott to Auchinraith Roundabout. This is my home patch and just wait until you see the history detail!
5. “The Squirrel’s Tale” – a self autobiography of life growing up in the 1970’s and 1980’s in Blantyre. My own story, warts ‘n all.
6. “Blantyre Banter” – a huge collection of witty stories, anecdotes and light hearted reading, all about Blantyre. A fun departure from normal writing!
7. “Blantyre Project – A Journey In Time Vol 5” – the fifth large book in the popular, successful history series. A collection of stories, lovingly researched and illustrated with new previously unseen photos.
8. “Hollow Earth Hard Lives – Blantyre’s Mining Heritage” – an epic, huge book taking an in depth, definitive look at Blantyre’s rich mining heritage. This book, guaranteeing to be the largest ever written about Blantyre is the one many Blantyre families are waiting for. Five years in the making, it promises to finally tell our coal mining history and local stories in the detail and accuracy it deserves.
9. “The Marianski Chronicles” – a small publication which explores the Victorian life of a popular Blantyre character, including his trials of being an immigrant, his pursuit for wealth and the headlines he made.
10. “Stothers Directory” – this massive Edwardian book fell out of publication in WW1. Blantyre Project has transcribed the entire Directory and illustrated it with many pictures and business adverts of the day. This book goes beyond Blantyre and will appeal to people all over Scotland.