Tag: dunallan loop

1935 Dunallan Loop – Glasgow Rd

Up until 1910, there was nothing on the south side of Glasgow Road for 500 yards between the villa ‘Orwell’ (today called Larchmont) and the next tenement further along to the west. A small, wall or fence separated the fields of Wheatlandhead Farm and the main Glasgow Road. From 1907 until 1930, running along this […]

Dunallan Loop, Blantyre

Dunallan Loop – In 1903 the Hamilton, Motherwell & Wishaw Tramways Company constructed a single line tram network that ran from a terminus at David Livingstone Memorial Church, all the way along Glasgow Road eastwards towards Hamilton Cross, where it branched towards Larkhall, Motherwell and Wishaw. In 1907, the Glasgow Tram Company decided to extend […]