Category: Blantyre Business

Blantyre Curling Club – Part 7

Continued from Part 6…. Continuing our detailed look at the former Blantyre Curling Club. In 1947/48 season past President Mr.Hugh. B Kerr donated a walnut shield with plating as a trophy for competition. This subsequently became the club’s knock out trophy. In that season James Down and Robert Aitkenhead were made Honorary members. Arrangements were […]

Blantyre Curling Club – Part 6

Continued from Part 5…. On 22nd February 1937, a Golden Jubilee celebration dinner was held for Blantyre Curling Club at the relatively new Miners Welfare Hall on Calder Street. It was reported that the Welfare had never been so profusely adorned and decorated. The members a decidedly male affair are pictured that evening in their […]