Tag: william minto

Dervoch Cottage

Dervoch Cottage     West of the Clydesdale Bank was Minto’s Land. Initially in the late 19th Century, this was just one cottage but the Minto family later in the 20th Century expanded their ownership by building tenements in front of it.     The former cottage was stone built, of single storey and sat […]

Minto’s Buildings, Glasgow Road

Minto’s Buildings     Minto’s Buildings was a former 3 storey large stone tenement at 265 Glasgow Road, situated immediately adjacent to the Clydesdale Bank and the 2 storey Broompark Place. The property was situated not far from the eastern side of the junction of Stonefield Road.     The tenement was built between 1902 […]