Tag: crossbasket castle

Neilson Family Life 1912 – 1918

An extract from the book, “The History of Crossbasket Castle” by Paul Veverka (c) 1912 – Norah Mary Neilson (nee Addie) and Thomas Paterson Neilson, one of George Neilson’s sons had been living at Crossbasket from 1904 until 1912. The couple had married in Uddingston on 17th August 1904 living at Crossbasket with George immediately […]

Crossbasket 1904 and 1905

To be published on 14th February 2017 An extract from “The History of Crossbasket Castle” by Paul Veverka (c) 1904 – George Neilson’s remaining ownership of Crossbasket passed by quite unremarkably except for a time during April 1904. On 7th and 8th April 1904, a legal agreement was drafted between George and Mr. David Borrie […]