Tag: batters shop

Batters Ironmongers

  Batters Ironmongers was a former late 19thand 20th Century shop on the north side of Glasgow Road at numbers 142 and 144, located on the lower floor of Millar’s buildings, stone tenements, situated between John Street and Clark Street. The shop was 144, the house above 142 and both were located mid terrace in a […]

Walter Batters Ironmongers, Glasgow Road

Pictured here in 1968 is Walter Batters Ironmongers Store on Glasgow Road. This photo is slightly better quality than the one doing the rounds. Located across from the bottom of Church Street, the store was owned by Mr. Walter Batters and was one of Blantyre’s most prominent and well known stores throughout the 1940’s, 50’s […]