1910 The Spittal Bridge, or more commonly known as “The Priory Bridge”. Located just off Glasgow Road, the bridge still exists today but is often missed.
In this old (and nicely colourised) postcard, a tramcar passes over on it’s way to Cambuslang. Blantyre’s existing tramlines (which opened in 1903) were extended in 1906 and opened Blantyre up to Cambuslang fully in 1907. Getting past this bridge proved one of the most expensive parts of the project.