Tag: James Todd

Causewayshott Place (Douglas Place)

   Causewayshott, Causewayshot or ‘Causeway Shott Place’ was a former 2 storey tenement situated between Walker’s Building and the Westend. Its location today would be in the front gardens of modern Cloudhowe Terrace.    Original constructors were J&J Walker (joiners of Larkfield) who in 1876 acquired the land from Mr. Jackson of Bardykes. Initially 6 […]