Following a change of ownership, in May 1958, Architects Cullen, Lochead and Brown were involved in drawing up plans for alterations and extensions to revamp a pub on Stonefield Road, Blantyre.
The relaunched public house was given the name, the Commercial Bar. Vincy McGuire formerly owned the pub after leaving the Smiddy Bar on Glasgow Road. Punters were predominately male and there mostly for the football, a drink and good banter.
During the 1980’s and 1990’s it was notoriously a Celtic pub, frequented by many Blantyre people who followed that football club. Know anybody in this photo? It was known as the Commercial Bar right up until 2008.
With thanks to Margaret McGaulley for this photo.