Continuing our look at Greenhall Estate this week. This photo from the 1940’s was shared by the Paul family a few years back. This nice garden was attached to the former grand Greenhall House and putting this in context today, it would be where the swings and playpark was in Greenhall during the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
The area is still flat today and whilst the hedges and gardens are long gone, the profile of this land remains. Flat where the gardens were and steeply sloping down to paths to the side. The Greenhall wooden steps would be out the photo to the left, as would the former Greenhall House.
If ever there was a place more aptly named, it is here at Greenhall in High Blantyre.