During Covid lockdown, whilst out on her daily exercise , Blantyre Project reader Cheryl Gardiner took these photos at the edge of the River Clyde, not far from the Livingstone Birthplace. (David Livingstone Centre)
In amongst the woods, near the edge of the river are these ruins, dating back to the days of Blantyre Mills. Ruins from the foundations and approaches from Blantyre Mills on to the former suspension bridge.
They look a little similar to some parts of Blantyre Priory, though should not be confused with that. They’re in very different and distant locations. These ruins are through to date back to around 1850 or so and are beyond the Hydro building, upstream of the Weir.