Continuing putting colour back into old black and white Blantyre! This time we’re at Auchentibber, specifically at the former Inn, once located at the corner of Auchentibber Road and Parkneuk Road.
A photo from around 1908, photographed by David Ritchie. In remarkable clarity, some colouring has been added showing how the pub may have looked like. Owned by JBH Struthers (not pictured), this scene is now all overgrown woodland.
How amazing it would be if a corner pub still existed at that location. Imagine a cold drink and lunch outdoors in the beer garden in summer!