The original construction date is unknown. In 1859, the kilns located at Calderside, beyond Auchentibber are described as, “Five brick Kilns, on the side of the Parish Road, about 12 feet high &open on the sides, next to the Road. They are used for burning stone to Ashes, which are afterwards ground in mills in Glasgow, for the purpose of producing Roman Cement. The stone used is got by mining. (Mine written on Trace 6, XVII-1). There is a row of dwellings opposite the Cement Kilns which has no name.” In the 1850’s the proprietor was Robert Nelson and leased by John Dick, a kilman. Owned by Mr. William Anderson in 1879.
Today, the site of the kilns is a private scrapyard. Homes are still on the opposite side, but are now modern bungalows, instead of the small miners cottage row.