This photo dates from the 1930’s and was taken at Priestfield Farm. The brick buildings in the foreground were the Co-op Wash houses, just off Main Street, High Blantyre.
A lady sits in the sun in the foreground with a pram beside a big washing. In the background, an empty tractor sits in the middle of one of the fields. Perhaps a Tea break?
Looking South, theses expansive and farmed fields behind are now the site of the ‘Jerusalem’ white houses.