Welcome! Support Blantyre charitable causes by buying our 12 amazing books!
Our Other Blantyre Books – Currently in 2023/2024 Development
Further Books are currently in Development with TWELVE open book drafts well progressed and worked on daily! Coming in 2023 and 2024. Priority books for 2023 shown in green.
1. “Blantyre Explained” – the definitive volumes of encyclopaedias about Blantyre each containing over a MILLION words and everything I’ve ever written about Blantyre in A-Z format. Each book 6 times the size of the next nearest largest Blantyre book in terms of words. Epic, 840 page reference books which will be my lasting legacy to Blantyre and most likely be continually revised and updated throughout my life. Out in 2024.
2. “Blantyre Glasgow Road North – The Real Story” – over 600 pages with as many illustrations telling the definitive story of all of the buildings, history, people tales, ownership, shops and homes on the North side of Glasgow Road from Springwell to Priory Bridge. A sequel to the book of the south side of the road, published in 2018. Look for this amazing book in late 2024.
3. “Blantyre: Through the Flames” – a small publication charting the story of Blantyre’s shockingly devastating Fires through every century, which left so many people homeless, injured or cost them lives. Out in Winter 2023
4. “Blantyre Main Street” – a massive illustrated book telling the history of construction, ownership of every building on Main Street from Shott to Auchinraith Roundabout. This is my home patch and just wait until you see the history detail! Out in 2024
5. “The Squirrel’s Tale” – a self autobiography of life growing up in the 1970’s and 1980’s in Blantyre. My own story, warts ‘n all. Out in 2024
6. “Blantyre Banter” – a huge collection of witty stories, anecdotes and light hearted reading, all about Blantyre. A fun departure from normal writing! Out in 2024
7. “Hollow Earth Hard Lives – Blantyre’s Mining Heritage” – an epic, huge book taking an in depth, definitive look at Blantyre’s rich mining heritage. This book, guaranteeing to be the largest ever written about Blantyre is the one many Blantyre families are waiting for. Five years in the making, it promises to finally tell our coal mining history and local stories in the detail and accuracy it deserves. Out in 2024.
8. “The Marianski Chronicles” – a small publication which explores the Victorian life of a popular Blantyre character, including his trials of being an immigrant, his pursuit for wealth and the headlines he made. Out in Spring 2023.
9. “History of Greenhall” – a sizeable publication containing exclusive research into the history of the High Blantyre Estate. From its humble beginnings in the 1620s right to the present day. Out in Autumn 23.
10. “Stothers Directory” – this massive Edwardian book fell out of publication in WW1. Blantyre Project has transcribed the entire Directory and illustrated it with many pictures and business adverts of the day. This book goes beyond Blantyre and will appeal to people all over Scotland. Out in 2024.
11. “John Ness” – a small publication containing exclusive research into the history of the former Blantyre Headmaster, John Ness. Out in Summer 2023.
12. “The Trials of Little Bird” – a wonderful novel , a first for me about Irish Immigrants in the 1870s. Out in Spring 2023.
Thank you. By a factor of tenfold by comparison to anywhere else online, this is now the largest Archive of history in Blantyre.
Comments are closed.