Pictured are the former Priestfield Rows, the miners tied homes which belonged to Dixon’s Collieries. This looks back down to High Blantyre, with the railway bridge in the distance now also long gone. The photo is from 1953, several years after the coal mines were Nationalised.
In fact, the whole scene has completely changed. On the right is now the Priestfield Cemetery and where the man with the bike stands, is now the T-junciton entrance to the Technology Park, the road having been made much wider.