Interior of the Old Kirk

 

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 17.20.33

This illustration shows the possible interior layout of the former, old High Blantyre Kirk, once located within the Kirkton Cemetery. Built in 1793, it had space for 360 worshippers but was not maintained very well and it a bad condition by the time it was demolished in 1863.

The current High Blantyre Old Parish Church replaced this building and thankfully it is a much more handsome and spacious place of worship.

Leave a Reply

Blantyre Project - Official History Archives South Lanarkshire © 2019 Frontier Theme