This advert is for Miller’s Fireplaces, a former business on Glasgow Road.
Miller Fireplaces was a family owned business, headed by Mr. David Miller.
It occupied the lower floor of a corner tenement on the north side of Glasgow Road, near Robertsons Factory for several decades. It was adjacent to the entrance of the former Robertsons of Springwells Factory. The business specialised in selling fireplaces and had address 28 Glasgow Road, G72 0JZ. The phone number was 01698 713473. It sold boilers, gas and electric fires and marble and wooden fireplaces.
The flat above it was sold off in Auction for just £15,000 in February 2016. A week later, David, who had worked on the premises right up until some months prior to that, passed away on 17th February 2016. According to the 1930 Valuation roll, Mr. Peter MacGhie and his wife Margaret owned this building.