Gasworks Row – was a former block of 6 little single storey houses, situated adjacent to the north of the yard gates of the Blantyre Gas Works on the eastern side of Stonefield Road.
Built around 1880, they were partially demolished during the Second World War, leaving just 3 existing for some years post WW2. During the early 20th Century, to their north was Dixons Rows, to their south, the Gas works, which would later become Letham’s Garage.
From “Blantyre Explained” by Paul Veverka (c)2016
On social media: