This miner’s bathhouse was at Blantyreferme Colliery. Not to be confused with the Priory Pit Bathhouse of similar design near the railway line, this one was built after 1938, situated between the Bing at Blantyreferme colliery and the River Clyde.
Owned by A.G Moore (coalmasters) the Bathhouse and indeed the colliery buildings are known to have still been there in 1962 but it is unknown when they were demolished. The Bing, colliery buildings and Bathhouse are no longer there and the site is today, near Birnams Scrapyard, just off the Blantyreferme road.
On social media:
Colin Wotherspoon They also built a canteen across from the baths and later took part of that building and added offices for clerical staff