In 1859 this area at Auchentibber was described as, “A couple of houses named from the Muir of Blantyre coming formerly to this place, which is still divided into small portions of land that were formerly given to the Heritors of the Parish to cut peat in. Those portions do not, in some cases, exceed a few perches. They (the division marks) are all defaced, and now exist only in the memories of the persons who hold their right to the original portions for cutting peat upon. These small portions are all cultivated, it could not be perceived in the fields they are in as separate properties”.
The name dropped away from maps after 1898 and is now largely forgotten. It is now the area located at the junction of Sydes Brae and Auchentibber Road.