This previously unpublished photo is of Shuttle Row at the David Livingstone Centre. Pictured here in the 1930s, the centre had opened only years earlier in 1929. The world fountain is clearly visible, fenced off, and the renovated buildings of Shuttle Row are pictured behind.
Several huge trees, which are no longer there today tower over the buildings. The trees presumably removed to make way for the Africa Pavilions in the 1970s.
The shadows indicate an afternoon photo. Today the foreground of the picture is now the modern cafe and gift shop.