A brilliant photo by Andrew Reid of High Blantyre, shared here by Gordon Cook. Pictured in the late 1950’s is a Winter, snowy scene showing Main Street looking Westwards, at Kirkton.
The tenement houses along Main Street have started to be demolished, not surviving a hundred years (built 1865). Gone is the pub and general store. The familiar building is Blantyre Old Parish Church.
This viewpoint was taken from where Carrigans (now Cornerstone is).
The little water fountain still stands on the pavement, pictured left outside the Kirk graveyard.