Pictured around 1905 is the Number four tram in Blantyre at Glasgow Road. The trams opened on 22nd July 1903 and were hugely popular permitting travel between Hamilton, Motherwell, Wishaw and Blantyre. By 1907 the tramlines also reached Cambuslang, the most difficult part of that extension getting over Priory Bridge.
The Blantyre terminus was at Stonefield , just beside where the Old Original Bar is. This tram is pictured outside MacDonalds Bar, which has Tennants signs in the window.