Priestfield Farm

Priestfield was for many years in the tenancy of Thomas (Tammy) Weir but owned by Mr. William A Whiteford. It was later tenanted by Mr Allan Whiteford. Allan would moved away to Bonnanhill, Strathaven in Springtime 1968. Demolishers came in during the first week of June 1968 to demolish Priestfield Farm and the land was subjected to a compulsory purchase order in 1970.

The photo puts Priestfield into context, with a view taken from Main Street.

1900 Priestfield

Leave a Reply