Pictured in the 1920’s from the Pedestrian Bridge over the railway track at High Blantyre is the former High Blantyre Train Station. This looks southwards towards Sydes Brae. The Blantyre Old Parish Church is just out the photo to the left.
The passenger service stopped in WW2, but the line existed carrying freight and coal until the very early 60s. The same scene is pictured after the trains stopped in the 60s.
Today, this is now all housing.