How about this for an amazing photo! It’s quite probable this is the first ever photo of the current Milheugh Bridge.
This first appeared in the Hamilton Advertiser around June or July 1950, 70 years ago this month. The caption reads, “The designers of the new Milheugh Bridge which spans the River Calder near High Blantyre have departed from stereotyped construction with happy result.”
The view looks downstream, the road up to Malcolmwood leading out to the left.