Genuinely asking. I don’t know the answers. Can you help……
1. What year did the former 2 storey stone TENEMENT immediately next to David Livingstone Memorial Church get demolished? It opened out on to Glasgow Road, where now the modern flats are.
2. Who owned the land prior to 1971 that the PRIORY BRIDGE Housing estate got built on?
3. What in your opinion was/is the BEST SOCIAL CLUB in Blantyre and briefly why? Even if its not there anymore
4. Was Blantyre’s CHRISTMAS TREE ever positioned anywhere else other than Stonefield Park or High Blantyre Cross? (Heard a rumour about this, needing clarified)
5. What year did tenants start moving out of HIGH BLANTYRE PREFABS? Was it 1967 or 66? (I know many were derelict by 1967 and most demolished by 1968)
P.S These queries are for adding to current entries into “Blantyre Explained” a huge, (almost) definitive volume of encyclopaedias with absolutely everything related to Blantyre in A-Z format, 33 years in the making. They contain ever word I’ve ever written about Blantyre in concise format, every fact checked note i’ve collected since a teenager and every relevant comment made on this Facebook page by you guys! [Planned Release to Schools and Libraries in mid 2020 and commercially for sale by Christmas 2020]
Featuring Blantyre Project Social Media with permission. Strictly not for use by others on or offline, our visitors said: