1978 Spittalhill

 

1978 Dalton House

This stone property near Dalton is Spittalhill, just off the road leading out of Blantyre towards Halfway. Pictured here in 1978, the photo was shared by Michelle Lochrie.

Nearby, on the opposite side of the road, in November 1930, two stone cists and a cremation deposit were uncovered during the construction of Dalton School, Cambuslang.

Leave a Reply

Blantyre Project - Official History Archives South Lanarkshire © 2019 Frontier Theme
%d bloggers like this: