Back to High Blantyre again, this time facing east around 1900. This little house in the foreground was one of the last thatched homes in High Blantyre Main Street, its location is now where the Baptist Church is.
Behind it is the former tenement which was home to Robert Todd’s Bakery business and beyond that Samuel Jenkins, the drapers (now McLeans Newsagents). This was a time before popularity of vehicles, a time of horses and carts, gaslights, simpler times.
Here’s the full photo too.