This is Udston House, a postcard taken around 1910 or so. Udston House, whilst not in Blantyre Parish, is worth mentioning here. The grand house, situated just over the boundary into Hamilton is not far beyond Redburn Farm Restaurant.
Situated beside John Ogilvie High School, it still exists today at Hillhouse and is one of the few remaining large and grand estate houses in this area.
The history of Udston can be found on the Historic Hamilton website. With thanks to Gordon Cook for this photo.