This wonderful photo shared kindly by Anthony Smith is the River Clyde at Blantyre.
Taken in World War Two during 1942 the view looks to the bend on the Clyde not far from the Village. High up on the hillside on the left are the villas of Rosebank Avenue and to their right, the tenements of Station Road and Ulva Place.
The small plantation on the left has grown massively and these days a substantial woodland covers these fields with limited access.
Comments on Blantyre Project Social media
Exclusively shared here with permission, (c) strictly not for use elsewhere: