A rare photo of the rear of Shuttle Row, at the Village, Blantyre.
From 1926, the photo dates before the renovation of Shuttle Row commenced, a time before it was turned into the museum. Shuttle Row was still lived in during this time, owned by William Baird & Co , the colliery owners.
This scene is about to get a whole different perspective, for part of the contemporary and current renovation plans for the museum, are to include large extensions on to the rear of the building, to make it a world class tourist destination. Planning has already been approved and once again, Blantyre’s Shuttle Row will soon again be a major tourist destination, with upgraded parking and grounds.