A nicely colourised postcard of Kirkton Cross showing Hamilton Road looking west. This is High Blantyre in 1915. A child stands outside the public house, behind him is the Church Halls, Adams Building and Mayberry Buildings, then Adams Sawmill entrance beside the railway bridge.
On the left beyond the kirk cemetery wall is the water fountain and the tenements built in 1865, where now the Mining Disaster Monument stands.
On social media: