This photo from 1904 shows Hunthill Road looking northwards. The small cottages on the left, some still retaining their thatched roofs and the smoke of Braehead in the background.
The tenement buildings are of course gone with modern homes from the 1970s in their place. The whitewashed property in the background on the right was demolished in the 1920s to make way for the current “steel” homes.
(c) Blantyre Project. Thanks to Betty McLean in Canada for this photo.