Pictured here in 1904 is the Oval Pool (fountain not in operation) at Calderwood Glen. The pool was on the Blantyre side of the gorge and fed from the River Calder itself via a sluice gate and channel. The attached map puts the pool into context, showing it not far from Auchentibber and Calderside Farms.
This pool was a popular destination in the early 20th Century for walkers, set in the beautiful woodland with well kept paths and summer seats. Today, an impression into the ground remains in that spot, but no water. Trees grow from where the pool once stood and the location is in danger of being completely overgrown. Thanks to Chris Ladds for the photo of the pool.