A wonderful previously unseen photo online. Photographed by David Ritchie, this photo dates from around 1915 (dating evidence from contemporary photos, growth of the trees and the nearby buildings). It is the clearest picture yet showing the horse water trough that used to sit inside the Wardrop Moore Arch at the Kirkyard. The Pub landlord at ‘Logans’ (now Cornerstone) stands in the doorway, Hunthill Road leads off the left. The David Maxwell Restaurant is pictured with shopkeepers outside in the doorway. That particular building is now gone. Today it is a postbox and phone box located next to a triangular grassed small park. School Lane led off in between those buildings. In the distance, houses lead down Main Street, to the right is Douglas Street.