Pictured a few years ago in High Blantyre Cemetery is Dixon’s Monument.
Erected by William Dixon Ltd, the monument remembers 240 miners (men and boys) who died in the blasts of 22nd October 1877 and 2nd July 1879. Many protestant miners ended up buried here, with many of the Catholic miners, in Dalbeath Cemetery. Thanks to Alex Rochead for these photos. The area is now very overgrown today.