During 1889, a Lecture on “The Pilgrim’s Progress” was given at Dixon’s Halls , Stonefield Road. The presentation was given to the Sabbath Scholars of the free and U.P Churches by the Rev. James Campbell. The stories were illustrated with magic lantern views by Mr Cowan of Hamilton.
The hall was filled and the pictures and illustrations were well received by all, especially the children with great attention.