Tag: colliery

Blantyreferme Colliery 1&2

Pictured here in 1946 is Blantyreferme Colliery. Former Blantyreferme colliery was  based not far from Newton but within Blantyre Parish and was owned by Ayrshire Company, A.G Moore & Co, (coalmasters). This scene is captured from the Clyde Bridges looking back over westwards to Blantyreferme colliery with the brickworks on the far right. The bings […]