Dusmuirs Drapers Shop – was located at the corner of Stonefield Road and Broompark Road.
Formerly Danskins, Dunsmuirs bought over the shop sometime in the 1940’s.
Mr and Mrs Dunsmuir ran the business. In 1950 John Dunsmuir’s shop specialised in Children’s Wear, Ladies Wear, Gents underwear and wools. It also sold hardware at their address 179 Stonefield Road. On some of the shelves was a big selection of knitting woold at reasonable prices. The Collins family later owned the shop when it became a newsagent.
Upon selling, John and Jean Dunsmuir built a bungalow at Broompark Road, on the site of the former Warnock’s Laun. It is still there today. Their adverts in the 1950’s stated, “When in Blantyre, pay us a call. We Guarantee to try and please our customers.”