A previously unseen photo of Calderwood Castle. Taken sometime between 1895 and 1910, the photographer is High Blantyre man, David Ritchie. The view is from the river gorge between Blantyre and East Kilbride and if in the latter part of that time period, the occupants would be the Co-operative Society.
How incredible to think such a marvellous building was once on our doorstep. No longer there, the tower was the last part to be demolished in the mid 20th Century.