On 5th June 1911 (one hundred and ten years ago today!) a celebration was taking place at a remote farm in High Blantyre.
Around 80 ladies and gentlemen met at Greenblairs Farm, up beyond Auchentibber to celebrate the Golden Wedding of the tenants, John Morrow and his wife. A supper was served in the barn, which was tastefully decorated and a special guest was Rev Charles Turnbull of Blantyre Parish Church. Mr and Mrs Morrow were 76 an d75 respectively at the time. During the evening, a neighbour, Mr Robert Potter on behalf of the family and friends presented the couple with a purse full of sovereigns.
The ruins of Greenblairs is pictured in 2010, courtesy of Jim Brown.